Competition Terms and Conditions Home Technology Pack
1. Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in the “THE PROPERTY BOX Competition” (“Competition”) is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. The promoter of the Competition is THE PROPERTY BOX PTY LTD (ABN 62 604 358 054) of Suite 6/1 Nerang St Nerang Qld 4211 (“THE PROPERTY BOX”).
3. Entry is only open to Australian residents over the age of 18 years (“Entrant”) have either purchased a property via The Property Box or not purchased any property what so ever.
4. Entrants must read and consent to these Terms and Conditions.
5. Employees of THE End2End Group of Companies which includes THE PROPERTY BOX and entities associated with this Competition or the Promotor of THE PROPERTY BOX will be ineligible to enter at the sole discretion of THE PROPERTY BOX.
6. The Competition is open for entry from 9.00am AEST on 1st June 2019 until 4.00pm 30th November 2019 (Competition Period).
How to enter the competition
7. To be eligible to win the Competition, Entrants must complete a registration form found on our website and it must include all necessary information including but not limited to:
i. the Entrant’s full name;
ii. date of birth
iii. email address
iv. residential address; and
v. phone number.
Next, Entrants must Like and Share the Property Box Facebook page and attend a First Home Buyers Masterclass during the competition period to discuss how Property Box may assist you.
How to win the competition
8. All eligible Competition entrants will receive a Golden Ticket at their Masterclass and will also be required to attend the draw, the location of the draw will be on the Gold Coast in Queensland and will be advised to all registered entrants 14 days prior to the draw date via email.
9. At 6.30 pm AEST on Wednesday 15th January 2020 the draw event will commence, all registered entrants in attendance at the draw will be asked to deliver their Golden Ticket to the podium with a drivers licence as identification to be placed into the draw barrel for a single ticket to be drawn. Any participant living greater than 200 klms from the Gold Coast must send their ticket via registered post no later than December 15th 2019. The owner of the winning ticket wins the prize.
10. THE PROPERTY BOX will ensure that at least 5 people are present at the Draw and will oversee the event.
THE PROPERTY BOX will also publish the winner’s first name and suburb on the THE PROPERTY BOX’s website www.thepropertybox.com.au & on the Facebook site @thepropertyboxaus.
11. The Winner will receive the advertised Home & Technology Pack valued at approximately $2500. Interstate or participants living greater than 200 klms can receive a cash substitute of $1000 should they be the winner and not in attendance but meet all other criteria.
12. Home delivery of the Prize will be the Winners responsibility.
13. Winner and if required by THE PROPERTY BOX, the Winner’s companions or family, agree to be available for photos and to provide a testimonial for THE PROPERTY BOX about winning the Prize, to be used for promotional purposes.
Personal information and privacy
15. This Competition is a game of chance.
16. In the event of war, terrorism, state of emergency or disaster, THE PROPERTY BOX reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition or suspend or modify a prize.
17. Incomplete entries will be deemed invalid.
18. THE PROPERTY BOX reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and Entrants (including an Entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who enters the Competition not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process. Failure by THE PROPERTY BOX to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
19. The Entrant agrees to indemnify THE PROPERTY BOX against:
a) any claims made by the Entrant, against THE PROPERTY BOX or its affiliates in connection with the Competition or the Entrant’s participation in the Competition; and
b) any losses (including any liability) caused by any act or omission of the Entrant which is inconsistent with these Terms and Conditions.
20. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an Entrant, THE PROPERTY BOX reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the Entrant.
21. THE PROPERTY BOX’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
22. If for any reason the Winner does not take the prize (or an element of the prize) within 3 months from the date of the draw then the prize (or that element of the prize) will be forfeited.
23. If any prize (or part of any prize) is unavailable, THE PROPERTY BOX, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification.
24. Total prize pool value is $2500 unless exchanged for Cash to the value of $1000.
25. The Prize is only able to be exchanged for cash if the winner is interstate or lives more than 200 Klms away.
26. Entrants consent to THE PROPERTY BOX and its promotional affiliates including related entities, using the Entrant’s Game entries, name, likeness, image and/or voice (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting the Competition (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by THE PROPERTY BOX.
27. If the Competition is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of THE PROPERTY BOX, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, THE PROPERTY BOX reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any Entrant; or (b) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Competition, as appropriate.
28. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory implied guarantees/warranties as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, THE PROPERTY BOX (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Competition.
29. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, THE PROPERTY BOX (including its respective officers, employees and agents), and its affiliates are not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under THE PROPERTY BOX’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by THE PROPERTY BOX) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of THE PROPERTY BOX; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) use/taking of a prize.
30. THE PROPERTY BOX collects personal information in order to conduct the Competition and may, for this purpose, disclose such information to third parties, including but not limited to agents, contractors and service providers. If the personal information requested is not provided, the Entrant cannot participate in the Competition. By participating in the Competition, each Entrant consents to THE PROPERTY BOX using and disclosing their personal information to THE PROPERTY BOX’s related entities, agencies and other third parties engaged to provide services in connection with the Competition, for use for promotional, marketing, publicity, research and profiling purposes, including sending electronic messages or telephoning the entrant. Entrants should direct any request to access, update or correct information to THE PROPERTY BOX. Entrants provide this consent until such a time as they withdraw it by giving notice to THE PROPERTY BOX.
31. The laws of Queensland, Australia apply to this Competition to the exclusion of any other law. Entrants submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Queensland, Australia.